Vegan chocolate coconut cake
Another delicious feel good recipe! The perfect comfort food for the autumn months. Another great thing is that the cake is very filling, so you don’t eat a lot of it. Here at Bonvita, we ate from the cake for days! Everyone loved it. So you better get started!
Please note: In addition to 45 minutes of preparation time, the cashew nuts must be put in water 4 hours in advance to soak and the cake must be left in the fridge for 1 night after preparation. But after that you will have a delicious cake!
· 200 grams of dates
· 120 grams of almonds
· 400 milliliters of coconut milk
· 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
· 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
· 125 grams of grated coconut
· 150 grams of Bonvita dark chocolate or when you don’t really like dark chocolate, you can use the Bonvita Classic Original ricemilk chocolate.
1. Soak 150 grams of unroasted cashew nuts in water for 4 hours before starting with the preparation of the filling.
1. Soak 200 grams of dates in hot water for 10 minutes and then drain well.
2. Meanwhile, chop the almonds in small pieces in a blender and put them aside in a cup.
3. Then put the drained dates in the blender and grind them.
4. Then add the chopped almonds and 50 grams of coconut in the blender and stir until it is well mixed.
5. Then cover a 20 cm spring form cake tin with baking paper and spread the sticky date material over the entire bottom with a damp spoon.
6. Place the spring form with the cake crust in the refrigerator to stiffen.
7. For the filling, pour 150 grams of drained cashew nuts together with 250 milliliters of coconut milk in a (cleaned) blender. Then grind it.
8. Then add 2 tablespoons of agave syrup, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and the remaining 75 grams of grated coconut. Mix it briefly.
Note: If you want to decorate the cake with some coconut grater at the end, do not put everything in but leave a little bit for decoration. In addition, 1 tablespoon of agave syrup may be added if you do not find the filling sweet enough.
9. The filling is now finished. Put it on the cake crust and put it back in the fridge while you continue with the chocolate ganache.
10. Put the remaining 150 milliliter of coconut milk in a pan and heat it until it boils.
11. Meanwhile, break 150 grams of Bonvita chocolate into pieces.
12. Remove the coconut milk from the heat when it boils and add the pieces of broken chocolate. Keep stirring until the chocolate is completely melted and absorbed.
13. Allow the chocolate ganache to cool down for a while and then pour it over the coconut filling in the spring form.
14. Decorate the cake with the left over coconut grater or another topping of your choice.
15. Cover the cake and set aside for 1 night in the refrigerator.
(Original recipe is from www.zoetrecepten.nl)