Vegan white chocolade macadamia cookies
Lisa Jansen (known from TaartenvanJansen) made of these delicious cookies. This was her experience: 'I recently wanted to bake something using my favorite vegan white chocolate ever: Bonvita white chocolate. And then I thought of macadamias, the rest is history! "And the reaction of her friends:" When I took these cakes to a barbecue yesterday, one of the other guests came to tell me that he liked them better than the ones AH to go version. " Mission accomplished!
Recipe for 12 pieces
300 g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
150 g light brown caster sugar
110 g granulated sugar
200 g hard vegan margarine, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract 40 ml aquafaba (moisture from a can of chickpeas)
100 g Bonvita rice milk chocolate white, diced
80 g roasted macadamias, chopped into large pieces
1. Weigh the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt in a small bowl, set aside.
2. Weigh the caster sugar, granulated sugar and margarine. Add the margarine preferably in smaller cubes, which will then mix a little more easily. Beat the two sugars and butter with the mixer in a few minutes until their are soft. The lighter the mixture is now, the tastier the cakes will be. Use the beaters if you use a hand mixer and the dough mixer if you use a standing mixer. Then add the vanilla extract and the aquafaba and beat again, until everything is well combined.
3. Now use the dough hooks if you use a hand mixer, with a standing mixer, just use the dough mixer that you just used. Sift the dry ingredients over the butter mixture and mix until almost completely combined. Add the chocolate and macadamia and mix until it forms a nice dough.
4. Form equal balls of dough: form 12 balls if you want to make large cookies (read: XL cookies) or 20 balls if you want to make smaller cookies. Place the balls in the fridge or freezer for a few hours before baking. Do not skip this step, the cookies will become less tasty when you slide them into the oven right away.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and line the baking sheet with baking paper. Remove the balls of cookie dough from the refrigerator or freezer, place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and leave them outside the cooling / freezer for 5 minutes before you slide them into the oven. Make sure you leave enough space between the balls, at least 10 cm, because they spread enormously. If you do not have enough space on the baking tray, bake the cakes in several batches. Bake the cookies in the middle of the oven. Large cakes have to be in the oven for about 18 minutes, smaller cakes a little shorter (probably around 14 minutes). The cookies are ready when the edges are nicely golden brown.
6. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and do not move the cakes yet. When they come out of the oven, they are still soft. As soon as they have hardened and cooled, move the cookies to a grid to cool completely. Keep the cookies in a cookie jar, glass jar or in aluminum foil outside the refrigerator, then they will last for a day or two. Enjoy!
Taarten van Jansen website: www.taartenvanjansen.com
Taarten van Jasen instagram: www.instagram.com/taartenvanjansenBack