Vegan apple cake
Remember grandma’s apple pie? As a little kid I loved hanging out at my grandparents’ place. My grandmother was always busy in the kitchen and her pie has the real highlight of every visit. That smell when it would come fresh out of the oven, simply divine! She would cut of a big piece when the cake was still warm, just for me. So when I grew up I just had to have that recipe. As I started eating more vegan I wanted to tweak it to my likings, so I could serve it to all my friends. This ended up in lots of experimenting but eventually I managed to perfect it into a truly amazing cake. It fills your heart with love and is totally free from. Just give it a try!
Vegan Apple Cake
260 grams ORGRAN gluten free self-raising flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 large overripe bananas, mashed
1 large apple grated
1 small apple, to decorate
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
200 milliliters non-dairy milk
3 tbs organic vegetable oil
1 egg or ORGRAN No Egg, Egg replacer
3 tbs cane sugar
1. Preheat oven 170C. Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
2. Combine in a bowl all wet ingredients.
3. Combine in a large bowl all dry ingredients. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it. Combine well.
4. Transfer to a lined loaf pan. Cut extra apple cubes and place onto mixture.
5. Bake in oven for 50 minutes. Check with a skewer if cooked through (The centre of the cake will be slightly moist and some banana mixture may stick to skewer. Be cautious not to overcook)
6. Cool on wire rack placing a sheet of baking paper over loaf to keep moist.
7. Serve slices with a generous drizzle of agave or maple syrupBack